WELCOME TO our website!



The firm of Ruth Ann Michnay PA provides tax representation, preparation, small business consulting, and accounting/payroll services. Ruth Ann has served the Twin Cities for over 25 years, is a CPA, an Enrolled Agent, U.S. Tax Court Practitioner, holds a Master of Business Tax from University of Minnesota – Carlson, and is an adjunct professor.


Whichever the need in individual or business, we’re here to help. All you need to do is give us a call. We are on your side of the tax equation.


In the meantime, please look around our site to learn more about what we can offer you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.

During the 2015 winter months Ruth Ann won with the IRS an Innocent Spouse case and another IRS Offer in Compromise case.

Congratulations:  Ruth Ann has been admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court!!  The designation is United States Tax Court Practitioner.  


Tuesday Tax Tip

Experienced in:

Hobbies that Earn Income Part III:  In order to deduct hobby expenses you must itemize deductions (Schedule A) on your tax return.  Special rules apply to each type of expense: Category one examples are mortgage interest, real estate taxes, etc.; Category two examples are advertising, insurance, etc.; and Category three examples are depreciation, amortization, etc.  See Publication 535 for how you should report them on Schedule A. (IRS 2015ARC135) (TTT 09/29/15)


Archived Tuesday Tax Tips – see
Resource page

  • Offer in Compromise
  • IRS/MN Tax Audits
  • Tax Levy/Liens
  • Wage Garnishments
  • Payroll & Sales Tax
  • Business start ups
  • Current tax prep
  • Prior/Amended prep
  • All states return prep